The VECTOR combined ribbed floor system is a new type of floor that provides advantages of beam and hollow-block floor systems (e.g. Teriva, FERT, Porotherm) and the Filigran-type floors, with the disadvantages eliminated at the same time. It is characterised by a low cost, a short erection time and relatively high parameters of loading capacity and acoustic insulation performance.
The VECTOR combined ribbed floor system is composed of 4 cm high and 60 cm wide panels fitted with appropriate reinforcement in the form of a centrally embedded steel truss (axially along the entire panel length). The truss facilitates erection of panels on site, and when covered with concrete topping, it reinforces the joint with the panel. In addition, on its upper surface, the panel is provided with the so-called bonding layer that reinforces the joint between layers.
This type of floor requires no individual designs for each room, in which it is intended for use. Load-free weight of the VECTOR panels enables transporting up to 250 m2 of the floor system within just a single road transport operation. It also requires no heavy machinery during erection, as an HDS-equipped vehicle is sufficient. The number of elements necessary for construction using this type of floor has been considerably reduced (in particular, there are no hollow blocks and separating ribs as is the case of the Teriva type floor systems, or additional reinforcement typical for the Filigran-type floor systems), which considerably reduces erection time. It is only necessary to arrange installation supports at a distance of 1.8 m.
Advantages of the VECTOR combined ribbed floor system in comparison with beam and hollow block floor systems, such as Teriva, FERT, Porotherm, etc.
- Lower completion cost – no labour and time-consuming arrangement of beams, hollow blocks among beams, installation of separating ribs, e.g. 100 m2 of the beam and hollow-block floor system results in about 700 elements that must be arranged manually, and 100 m2 of the VECTOR floor system corresponds to about 30 elements to be arranged using a lightweight HDS crane.
- Quick erection using an HDS crane – approx. 100 m2 of the floor system in 2 hours.
- High acoustic insulation performance – the floor is created by compact reinforced concrete; there are no air voids that pass sound waves through. The acoustic performance of the VECTOR floor system itself, without plaster and flooring layers, is higher than the acoustic performance of the beam and hollow-block floor system with flooring layers (i.e. flooring + expanded polystyrene).
- Health and environment-friendly – it contains no harmful radioactive elements and heavy metals, the highest concentration of which is present in blocks available in Teriva, FERT, Porotherm, etc.
- Flexible, even and smooth bottom surface of the floor.
- 100% guarantee of no faulting.
- Possible to suspend heavy elements from any spot of the ceiling.
- Freedom of arrangement of partition walls.
- Possible to conceal systems in the floor, e.g. electrical system, heating system, mechanical ventilation, etc.
- Monolithicity – fully combined both in the near-support zones and on the entire surface of the floor.
- Modularity – 60-cm-wide panels allow for quick adaptation and replacement of older, non-economic solutions with floor systems, such as Teriva, FERT, Porotherm and Filigran.
- Freedom of installation of cuts and openings.
- Possible to construct floors on surfaces of any irregular shapes.
- Higher adherence of structural concrete to the pre-cast slab, as compared to the Filigran type, due to the application of two-layered production technology, including the so-called bonding layer that eliminates slipping between layers.
- Low load-free weight of VECTOR® panels (approx. 70 kg/linear metre).
- Order on site and no returns – no excessive hollow blocks and pallets left after blocks at the construction site.
- Erection safety.
- Operational safety.
Advantages of the VECTOR combined ribbed floor system in comparison with the Filigran type floor system
- Erection using an HDS crane Smaller and easier to erect panels reduce high costs of hiring heavy cranes and transport.
- Standardisation and versatility – eliminated numerous structural calculations and reduced waiting for design compilation, and therefore the product itself too. As distinct from the Filigran floor, the VECTOR floor is versatile, requiring no design for individual rooms.
- Modularity – 60-cm-wide panels allow for quick adaptation to existing designs.
- Higher adherence of structural concrete to the pre-cast slab, compared to the Filigran type, due to the application of two-layered production technology, including the so-called bonding layer that eliminates slipping between layers.
- Freedom of installation of cuts and openings – longitudinal / transverse cutting, lateral cuts and openings can be developed on site, and as such the erection work is significantly easier. Such work is performed without any need to change the panel design, which is impossible in the case of Filigran type floors. As a result, an additional reduction of the final cost of floor construction is achieved.
- Moreover, it can be used for retention walls, ground sill, etc., not only as the floor system.