These floors consist of thin precast reinforced concrete slabs of the so-called lost boarding (thickness 4.5-7 cm), additional reinforcements and a concrete overlay poured on the construction site up to the total height which is foreseen in the construction project.
The slabs are produced with a length of up to 2.40 m and a width of up to12 m. They can be of any shape, for example rectangular, triangular, circular; they can also have openings. The openings must be taken into account in the stage of designing the floor. The weight of 1 m² of the slabs is from 125-145 kg.
The slabs can be laid on walls, binding joists, poles, and suspended on neighbouring slabs.
The advantages of FILIGRAN type floors are:
- Speedy and easy installation
- Unloading from a lorry
- Low deadweight (1 m² of the slabs from 125-145 kg)
- Wide spans (even up to 12 m)
- Lower construction height compared with multi-rib floors
- Owing to smooth and even slabs, less plastering of the ceiling is required
- Making cuttings and openings possible
- Lower capital costs of making the floor
- Good isolation properties
- Operational load admissible even over 10 kN